What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeautifulAngel

Favourite band, composers, and/or musicians

29 posts in this topic

Who is/are your favourite band, composers and/or musicians of all time? It could be past or present and why?

Everyone has a favourite singer or band that they love to listen to or prefer to listen to. For me it would have to be: The Used, Pink and Bullet For My Valentine.

I really enjoy listening to the Used because like a lot of artists their songs have meanings and for me I can really relate to a lot of the song lyrics and/or song meanings of The Used. I also find the band members really interesting and pretty funny. I've watched a couple of random question/answer video of theirs posted on youtube and I find they have a great sense of humour and they are really down to earth.

Pink because her songs are really catchy and I really like the meaning and the message behind most of her songs. I really love the song "Who Knew" by Pink because I can somehow relate, my boyfriend died two years ago from a brain aneurysm and no one knew he had a brain aneurysm until it had poped and he died.

I also find that she writes from the heart and a lot of her music is relatable.

I'm a huge fan of Bullet For My Valentine because they have catchy guitar solos and I really love the lead singers voice. My favourite song from Bullet For My Valentine would definitely have to be "Pretty On The Outside". For those of you who haven't listened to the song or heard about it they sing about how someone is pretty on the outside yet they are so ugly on the inside. Part of the lyrics go: "If I tear you open wide, take a look inside are you pretty? Can I get inside your mind, see what I can find, are you pretty? So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only pretty on the outside". It's pretty harsh but it's a really good song, plus it reminds me of my sister. Why? Because my sister is a compulsive liar and she'll lie about anything to make herself feel better about herself and look better. She's lied to everyone about having cancer, about being adopted, about being beaten. Name it, she's probably lied about it.

Anyways those are my favourite bands/artists, what are yours?

WaeV likes this

Tiddy-bits:

bob dylan

the beatles

radiohead

the pogues

esbjorn svensson trio (est)

the doors

chopin

earl sweatshirt

among other things, forget lots

m68Vl5E.jpg

Long list for me as I have a wide taste in music.

I will start off with Nine Inch Nails though, I do find their industrial metal very appealing, their attitudes about making music for the sake of making music have been supported through their 'Ghosts' albums - albums they have released for free via torrents, even releasing the garageband sources for songs like Closer, The hand that feeds and Only. Raznor's lyrical genius has also inspired me and helped my creative juices flow.

I also still like the Used, some of the lyrics have been reflective on personal experiences, and when youre feeling that down, contray to popular belief, listening to songs that reflect how youre feeling can actually help.

Welsh contingent coming up:

Manic street preachers have been a fond fav for a number of years. I do enjoy their musical arrangements and powerful vocals. The massess against the classes is one that stands out.

Funeral For A Friend: I had the opportunity to take photographs of this band when they performed at the nightclub where I do my VJing, nice guys and while some of their songs can sound the same, I was impressed by 'Only tales tell themselves' - its more than an album, its more of a story, each song flows from one chapter to another.

Bullet for my Valentine: I like this purely because of the good old thrash value basically

Angels and Airwaves: Often an under-rated band, born out of Blink 182's breakup. Tom DeLonge formed AVA when blink split, while Mark Hoppus formed +44. AFAIK, AVA is still going, while I havent heard much from +44 for a while since Blink 182 got back together again.

Box Car Racer was an interesting project that Tom and Travis from B182 undertook when Mark took a haitus from the band. Box's style was very experimental and also more raw. They only made one album, but its worth checking out.

I have a thing for instrumental tracks at the moment, currently on my playlist is the 'A Beautiful Lie' instrumental album by 30 Seconds to Mars, 'Love pt2' by Angels and Airwaves, and a number of Coldplay instrumentals too.

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

I posted a massive list of all the artists i listen to somewhere on this forum but i cant find it for some reason. I suppose my favorite out of that list would be:

The Grateful Dead(1)

Bob Marley(2)

Ziggy Marley(4)

Steel Pulse

The Doors(5)

Eric Clapton(3)

Queen

Lynyrd Skynyrd

ZZ Top

Numbered the top 5, although my taste in music changes every so often. Grateful Dead and Bob Marley, though, will always be at the top of the list.

jG- likes this

@OP, I saw The Used live in 2004. They sucked horribly. Their studio albums are meh.

Favorites:

-Pretty much everyone off the Hospital Records, Circus Records, and MTA Records labels.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Katy Perry

I have to admit, Katy Perry does have some pretty good music, very catchy lyrics as well.

What are your favourite songs by her?

Martin 'O Donnel

Jeremy Soule

and Stewart Copeland

I googgled all of those people because to be honest I had no idea who they were before and I must say wow. They are pretty amazing composers, I can see why you like them so much.

Any favourite songs or soundtracks from these people?

Long list for me as I have a wide taste in music.

I will start off with Nine Inch Nails though, I do find their industrial metal very appealing, their attitudes about making music for the sake of making music have been supported through their 'Ghosts' albums - albums they have released for free via torrents, even releasing the garageband sources for songs like Closer, The hand that feeds and Only. Raznor's lyrical genius has also inspired me and helped my creative juices flow.

I also still like the Used, some of the lyrics have been reflective on personal experiences, and when youre feeling that down, contray to popular belief, listening to songs that reflect how youre feeling can actually help.

Welsh contingent coming up:

Manic street preachers have been a fond fav for a number of years. I do enjoy their musical arrangements and powerful vocals. The massess against the classes is one that stands out.

Funeral For A Friend: I had the opportunity to take photographs of this band when they performed at the nightclub where I do my VJing, nice guys and while some of their songs can sound the same, I was impressed by 'Only tales tell themselves' - its more than an album, its more of a story, each song flows from one chapter to another.

Bullet for my Valentine: I like this purely because of the good old thrash value basically

Angels and Airwaves: Often an under-rated band, born out of Blink 182's breakup. Tom DeLonge formed AVA when blink split, while Mark Hoppus formed +44. AFAIK, AVA is still going, while I havent heard much from +44 for a while since Blink 182 got back together again.

Box Car Racer was an interesting project that Tom and Travis from B182 undertook when Mark took a haitus from the band. Box's style was very experimental and also more raw. They only made one album, but its worth checking out.

I have a thing for instrumental tracks at the moment, currently on my playlist is the 'A Beautiful Lie' instrumental album by 30 Seconds to Mars, 'Love pt2' by Angels and Airwaves, and a number of Coldplay instrumentals too.

You have amazing taste in music! =) All of the bands that you've named I listen to on a regular basis (except for Angels and Airways) I haven't really listened to them a lot. Have you ever heard of Mudvayne? I think you'd really enjoy that band as well.

WaeV likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0