What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Floofies

Pita Pit Review (USA, Florida)

ThePitaPit_LogoH+tag_web_1.gif

I went to a Pita Pit with my boyfriend recently, and I had never been in one before.

Presentation 8/10:

The look & feel of the restaurant was very appealing, and really reminded me of a traditional New York style pizza joint. I felt very comfortable with some of the pop culture art that was hanging on the wall, and nothing was too overbearing. The uniforms worn by the employees were not worth taking note of, however, but they were not bad. The tables & chairs were generic, but they did have a small bar next to the door. At the end of the bar was a trash can, which is a bit weird considering people would be eating right next to the trash can. The building was too small to put the trash can anywhere else, so they had no choice.

Food 7/10:

When I arrived to the location, I noticed they had coupons for free large drinks if you text a keyword to a number. I made use of the coupon in this case. In fact, I'm currently dating the person that owns the company for their SMS Coupons, so it was neat to use one while we were there.

I ordered their traditional Gyro (Pronounced 'year oh', with a throaty emphasis on the "Y" making it almost sound like a 'G'). In ordering it, I made sure to talk to one of the employees about what I was getting. He asked me if I ever had authentic family-made Gyro before, which I did. After I replied with a hearty yes, he told me very honestly, that their Gyro wasn't as good as authentic Gyro. While their manager would probably have gotten a bit angry, I found his honesty to be admirable.

I got to watch them make it with all the standard ingredients, and they used a custom made white pita bread. I thought it was a bit odd, as the pita was shaped like a pocket with a pocket protector on one side, but I value functionality in food so it was fine with me. They wrapped it tightly and proceeded to give it to me with the usual niceties. I then sat down with my date and ogled at the absolutely massive portion. It was huge! It was so large, in fact, that I even started to do some economic theorizing about the country in terms of wasting food!

At first glance, and smell, it looked awful. The bread smelled very odd, and the texture of it was akin to eating a worn leather glove or burlap sack. Yuck. I got past the initial off-putting bread (I can eat anything, I am very un-picky) and bit into it... It was pretty good! The spiced meats were not as strong as an authentic Gyro, but otherwise I enjoyed it. In this Gyro they happened to include sliced cucumber, which I thought was a nice addition to help cool the otherwise very spicy meat. I could only eat 3/4 of the Gyro, because of it's size. I wouldn't order that particular dish again, but I recommend trying it.

I am definitely going to go back and try something else.

http://www.pitapit.com/

Takka and Beverly like this

Tiddy-bits:

Great review =]

If I'm ever in the area, I'll try it lol

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Ah, didn't know that.

Closest one appears to be about 50 miles away, but next time I'm in the area I'll check it out.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Holy shit, I have one of thoes in my town. I get there stuff all the time. I alwase get chicken cesar w/ spinnatch, peperchinies, bell peppers, avocado, pepperjack w/  vinager add extra meat w/ mushrooms cooked in the meat. Its the best. I thought they were a local place. There gyros are the worst things I've ever had there. Try the order posted:P

Edited by Leo

Pita Pit is now mystery shopped.

What does this mean for you?

Well, basically, better quality staff and food.

(also higher prices but ignore that, we're all rich bitches right?)

343OrM8.jpg?1

What? You like pita too? We eat pita all the time..... :D

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

-Plato

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0