Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zatarita

the draft and sexism >.>

Before you go on and read this i want to state a couple things.

-

-

1) this is a quite controversial subject, if you do not approve of the things i state, be an adult and voice your opinion, do not start an argument.

2) this involves a lot of ideals with equality, how i feel about equality, and how i feel we could make it better.

3) this has appended parts from the original version due to conversations i had with family and friends, these parts are optional to read, but they go to show some more of the point im trying to prove.

4) this is a fairly long rant, so for the people who dont feel like reading it, please dont say tl;dr, just move on, saying tl;dr is like saying, i acknowledge that you're trying to make a valid point, but i just dont give a fuck to read it.

-

-

*completly off notice note:

tl;dr pisses me off to no end cause it just proves that people are getting so lazy that they wont read something to increase their education on a specific subject, everybody wants things to be broken down in either a video, or in 30 seconds worth of text. this is another problem i have with society, if you're going to be sitting at a computer for 12 hours, you're kinda expected to read and write. the point that we are not wanting to read or write means we're taking advantage of our technology and in return we're getting waaaay to lazy. but if this is how society works now, next time i get a 8 page contract, i'll just write on it "tl;dr" and then all my problems are solved right :D?

-

-

/open rant

-

-

why do males have to sign up for the selective service to get financial aid, and females don't?

i deem this sexist and unfair. if females want to be equal, you cant pick and chose where you're equal you cant just get the benefits of being equal and not the cons. i don't blame females entirely for this, i know you don't have control of what the government does but in a sense it's sexist in both ways, sexist to guys because we have to deal with the draft, because we're male. sexist to girl because the government is basically saying that the army is not fit for females during a draft, there are plenty of well bodied intelligent females out there in the army, guys dont want to go out and fight in the draft as much as females would not like to either. so it's only fair that people of both genders be giving both the good and bad side of equality.

-

im sorry females, but gym teachers saying you gotta do 10 push ups and guys gotta do 20, that's another lesser example. sexist to both, sexist by saying "all guys are fit to do 20 push ups." i never was, never will be, i got the brains not the body. girls, this is sexist to you because it drive the fact of inequality into you at a level where you think it is benefiting you, if i walked up to you and said, "hey, guys are stronger than females," you'd reply with "that's sexist"; however, if i said to you " i think it's unfair that girls have to do 10 push up where as guys have to do 20." then you'd reply with "that's because girls are weaker than guys"

-

Physically, that is correct, but you're making your self look bad.

us guys, have had to deal with girls getting equality too, the ideals of the pre-womens-rights men were, females = company, food, sex, and a mother. very closed minded, however they were still people, so there is always more to it than that, but those would fall under the category of "things females are good at". now that you have your rights guys had to adapt from what they were used to, guys started having to cook more for them selves, take care of the family, and start doing both sides of what was once two unequal halves making a full. females on the other hand, decided to pick and chose their battles, giving them only the benefits of equality, and not so much the negitives. so now that guys are dealing with both what they "were built for", and now what they "weren't built for".

-

so, if we can adapt so can you, i am not against womens rights, i am not attacking one single person, i am stating i am pro-equality, but equality doesn't have just ups, there are downs too. if we can take care of a child, which "we weren't built for"(we dont have boobs) you can do 10 more pushups, something you "weren't built for"(though you still have muscle). no person is specifically designed to do pushups, it's something us as man created to BUILD muscle, meaning if you forced as much on a female as a male, maybe by the time they get to highschool and have to do 20 push ups like the men, they will be physically inshape to do so, but the ideals that still linger in places like schools and other places, go by un-noticed because females are not going to 1) complain that they have to do less, or 2) think twice about doing less.

-

You can not give one gender more abilities than another gender and not be sexist, instead of treating people as a gender, treat them as a person, if i was a female i would find it insulting that i have to do less pushups just because im female and the male pe coach thinks im weaker.

-

Again i am not against feminism, nor am i pro, i believe people should be treated as people, and each individual knows the extend that they are able to do. telling the person they are lesser through subconsciousness messages like you have to less push ups, or you're not worthy of the draft. they will subconsciousnessly get the message they are lesser, and then become dependent on their "big strong man". which i believe is where a lot of tolerances for domestic violence comes from. "he beats me...but i need him" that should not be the mind set of any individual ever, treat them like they're equal, they will understand that they are self sufficient and need no one for anything.

-

-

-

-

app. 1:

let my correct my self, males do have breasts, and i believe men can produce milk, but i dont entirely think men are fit to breast feed, there is a reason we dont. science has adapted to the changing needs of society, now we have milk made for us and the bottle shaped like a nipple, to make guys be able to handle raising a child.

on the flip side though, science has also created a tool to help build muscle, there are many devices, if you even need one, weights, pushups, pullups, and tools to do these safe an effectively, so men and women are still entirely equal in opportunity

-

this next part is one thing my sister had to say to what my opinions were about the subject:

-

Woman bare children, and sustain the circle of life, so we have to be able to be healthy, for free really, as well as men, but not in America, so it's only assisted. Any way, males are the protectors, the ones who keep the women safe while they are vulnerable so that they can survive to carry to term and have healthy new born, and in return that's why we are "supposed" to be in the kitchen, to feed the men to keep them strong in return for continued safety... Its not sexist, they are just keeping everyone in line, the only difference between cave people and us, is we can document everything and file it neatly. And yes, some men, should have been women and some women should have been men, but those people realize they can help their own team, and they do, like women in the military helping protect, or men who are chefs helping feed.

-

and then finally my reply to her, to finish this off:

-

I understand what you're saying; however, women are fighting to be equal, women want to move on past what you're saying, maybe not you in specific, but the whole womens rights movement, with out the guy, there would be no sperm to fertilize the egg, we need not to be greater or lesser than another, we need to realize that each gender is as important as the other, im saying, if men are forced into the draft, so should females, no one sex should be treated different from the other. we are two halves that make up a whole, if nothing but men are sent out on a draft, and all the men sent die, now the there is a higher percent female than there is male. since we didnt condition the women to be able do the things men had to do, we lose jobs, productivity, the economy collapses because men are now a scarce resource and the can demand more money for their services, well cause you cant just decide to go out and get a different man, they're hard to find now, however, if we sent out both male and female in the draft, even then if everyone we send dies, we still have the ratio we need back here to maintain the services that are a specific gender strong, say for example, there are more female nurses than male nurses, though male nurses exist, it's pro dominate female.

-

the man may be able to go out and fight at almost any time, where as the female has to deal with nature. the draft can have conditions, a pregnant woman wouldn't be useful for the draft, so instead if they're pregnant they can opt out of the draft and stay at home. but what about the guy? the girls husband? he gets sent out, and possibly will never get to see his child, never get to see his soon lose his first baby tooth. men are as important in the family as females, though if the draft took females, it should only be one individual from a house, the other individual must take care of the child while the other is away. THIS is what i mean by equality, not saying, we have come to take your husband or son, by saying, we have come because we need someone for the draft, who will it be. then the 2 individuals will determine what's best for the sake of the family, instead of being told what's happening. it is true, most men, if they love their wife, will without question take the chance, but then it's no longer sexist, and the choice was made by the whole, the opportunity was made available to both parties that are both equally as important to the family they have created, as as this whole, they created their decision.

-

/close rant

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

It is a bit long as you said, and I'm limited on time; but as to the first point of male/female equality, I agree on one hand. On the other hand, it's a bit of a planning thing - if every healthy person in their prime went to war, then there would be no one left to do labor and care for children. Seniors can't be expected to suddenly look after their grandchildren 24/7, not to mention going to work in a factory that was left unmanned due to a draft. Since men are (on average) endowed with stronger, more durable bodies, it makes sense for them to be the soldiers and the women to hold down the fort, so to speak.

Zatarita likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

It is a bit long as you said, and I'm limited on time; but as to the first point of male/female equality, I agree on one hand. On the other hand, it's a bit of a planning thing - if every healthy person in their prime went to war, then there would be no one left to do labor and care for children. Seniors can't be expected to suddenly look after their grandchildren 24/7, not to mention going to work in a factory that was left unmanned due to a draft. Since men are (on average) endowed with stronger, more durable bodies, it makes sense for them to be the soldiers and the women to hold down the fort, so to speak.

you dont have to read the entire thing, but i went a little in depth on what you're talking about in the last 2 paragrapghs, so if you're still tight on time check the last two paragraphs, or even the last one.

The lack of spacing between paragraphs and no capitalization was what made me not want to read it to be honest..

As for the military, yes, I do agree. My stepfather was enlisted for 20 years as a GSM and my father was a Chief ET for 20 years enlisted in the Navy (as well as some close friends), and had to deal with bureaucracy bullshit every day dealing with women. The thing is, it wasn't that women were complaining about doing the same thing as the males (PT, work, training, etc) it was the fact they were taking advantage of the bureaucracy bullshit as an excuse to not do anything. You have the minority which are willing to do the men's PT, work, training, etc, and then you have the majority of women (at least from what my stepfather and father have both told me) who will try to sleaze their way out of work or PT by spouting the "I'm a woman, you can't make me do that." As far as I'm concerned, you're in the fucking US military. You were given an order. You are our countries defense and offense. You want to be treated equally, start acting like you're equal. If you can't handle the work, you shouldn't have enlisted in the first place.

Another thing that gets me is when the shitbag women get knocked up to get put on shore duty and cry rape. The only reason I have these opinions are that I have on various accounts known people in and out of the Navy who have been through this, whether it be family, close friends, etc.

I'm not accusing all women who join the military of being lazy and cunts, but a majority of them (at least in the Navy) are. I appreciate their service, but I don't appreciate the games they try to play to get the easy way out.

That's all I have to say.

In short: These women are enabling sexism and contradicting themselves by saying they want to be treated equal.

Edited by AppleSmack

Linux/Unix | InfoSec | Electronics | Radios

The lack of spacing between paragraphs and no capitalization was what made me not want to read it to be honest..

As for the military, yes, I do agree. My stepfather was enlisted for 20 years as a GSM and my father was a Chief ET for 20 years enlisted in the Navy (as well as some close friends), and had to deal with bureaucracy bullshit every day dealing with women. The thing is, it wasn't that women were complaining about doing the same thing as the males (PT, work, training, etc) it was the fact they were taking advantage of the bureaucracy bullshit as an excuse to not do anything. You have the minority which are willing to do the men's PT, work, training, etc, and then you have the majority of women (at least from what my stepfather and father have both told me) who will try to sleaze their way out of work or PT by spouting the "I'm a woman, you can't make me do that." As far as I'm concerned, you're in the fucking US military. You were given an order. You are our countries defense and offense. You want to be treated equally, start acting like you're equal. If you can't handle the work, you shouldn't have enlisted in the first place.

Another thing that gets me is when the shitbag women get knocked up to get put on shore duty and cry rape. The only reason I have these opinions are that I have on various accounts known people in and out of the Navy who have been through this, whether it be family, close friends, etc.

I'm not accusing all women who join the military of being lazy and cunts, but a majority of them (at least in the Navy) are. I appreciate their service, but I don't appreciate the games they try to play to get the easy way out.

That's all I have to say.

In short: These women are enabling sexism and contradicting themselves by saying they want to be treated equal.

it's the same thing with racism, in a sense, we're not as racist as we once were, true there are still racists, but not as much. however, minorities understand the concept of quantum mechanics in a way. they understand if there is a chance that something could happen, no matter how minuscule, it will happen at some point in time. and they use this against us, they use our fear of being racist to get around things that they shouldn't be doing in the first place. basically forcing it be racist, cause they noticed the minute chance it could of been. also, i do put spaces between my paragraphs but for some reason when i posted it it sorta just squished everything down, ill see it i can fix it up a bit.

Solaris likes this

i'm secure in my definitions of sexism and racism and can say with confidence that i am neither, and am not afraid of being accused of being so because i can prove it wrong. giving women special treatment because they're women is the same as telling them to gb2kitchen because they're women. chauvinism. i obviously completely support total equality for all races/sexes/etc, but that includes the same responsibilities and liabilities as well as the same rights. that being said, chauvinists, be they limiting women's rights or giving them special treatment (based on gender), disgust me. THAT being said, chivalry is chauvinistic in nature, so when women expect men to be chivalrous, they also want to be told to gb2kitchen. to all the women that want to be treated like special princesses just because you have vaginas: stop being entitled cunts, please.

Zatarita and Solaris like this

i'm secure in my definitions of sexism and racism and can say with confidence that i am neither, and am not afraid of being accused of being so because i can prove it wrong. giving women special treatment because they're women is the same as telling them to gb2kitchen because they're women. chauvinism. i obviously completely support total equality for all races/sexes/etc, but that includes the same responsibilities and liabilities as well as the same rights. that being said, chauvinists, be they limiting women's rights or giving them special treatment (based on gender), disgust me. THAT being said, chivalry is chauvinistic in nature, so when women expect men to be chivalrous, they also want to be told to gb2kitchen. to all the women that want to be treated like special princesses just because you have vaginas: stop being entitled cunts, please.

i feel like this is very touchey grounds for you :P. but i do see what you're saying, i think people should treat others like people reguardless of their color, race, gender, religion, etc.

Solaris likes this

In a matter of speaking, I think this all boils down to double standards and special treatment for political gain rather than it being an actual problem. Oppose Obama? You're a racist. Want to kick a woman out of the store because she's belligerent and rude? You're a sexist.

It's an easy way to win an argument or the other party will just laugh and walk away. Unfortunately, our society is an entitlement society.

Floofies likes this

Linux/Unix | InfoSec | Electronics | Radios

The lack of spacing between paragraphs and no capitalization was what made me not want to read it to be honest.

Yep. Of the few paragraphs I horrifyingly read through, I didn't agree with most of it.

Like iTails said, the issues are covered are actually not a problem in a lot of countries, are are more aligned to the frivolous social finger-pointing of ignorant indigents. If you REALLY care about the issue of sexism, why aren't you covering the issues present in countries with real problems with sexism? Socially, it's a rampant issue that's going to exist as long as us human beings don't miraculously change our inherent behavioral patterns.

Hunterkiller, Solaris and Tucker933 like this