What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PandahFish

Is making graphic art good as a career?

14 posts in this topic

I think it's not a good career. It would be good as a side job or something but not as your main one.

Artist struggle already trying to make a living,get noticed, making money to support themselves.

So what do you think, is graphic art a good option as a career? Or is it bad?

Tiddy-bits:

I think it's not a good career. It would be good as a side job or something but not as your main one.

Artist struggle already trying to make a living,get noticed, making money to support themselves.

So what do you think, is graphic art a good option as a career? Or is it bad?

There's a chance it could be good...

After you die.

With graphic design it comes down to if you can get lucky and land a few good jobs. Then you can make money. Also the whole skill think jG brought up.

What everyone else said. Remember, the biggest factor in success is applying yourself 110% to something you want to achieve. I always wanted to be a game dev, but never really desired it as much as I wanted to learn the inner-workings of computers and repair them. ITs make a shit ton of money, but only the ones that really apply themselves and know their shit are the ones worth hiring.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Location has a lot to do with it too. I have a degree in graphic design, but I can't afford to move anywhere else and where I live doesn't have shit for graphic design jobs. So now I'm $30,000+ in debt with no job in my field.

same story here mate, Degree in digital media, BA in Moving image, but because I cant afford to move to london or manchester I'm out of a job doing what I studied for and love. I scrape around doing the odd job here and there but would love to to it full time.

One thing that was often said in uni - 'Its not so much WHAT you know, but also WHO you know' - Meaning if you have a contact in a company that does what you love, youre in with a chance

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

One thing that was often said in uni - 'Its not so much WHAT you know, but also WHO you know' - Meaning if you have a contact in a company that does what you love, youre in with a chance

This too.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0