Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghost

Starbucks & Macs

23 posts in this topic

It's about the free wifi and the atmosphere of conspicuous consumption. Not any actual coffee drinking.

Yep. I had to wait for a ride at a Starbucks once. A group of people shared kettle corn with me, and a few stories,

I'll find the image later, but it's been statistically proven that Windows users are generally part of the dull majority, Linux users are more introverted and have quite a bump in average IQ, and Mac users are more artistic and, I shit you not, have the highest homosexuality rate of the three OS preferences. More than Windows and Linux combined. Will try to find the original article sometime.

Ryx likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I've never been to a Starbucks so I've not witnessed this personally, but I have heard of this as a stereotype. I don't think it's much of a social pressure, as in people feeling the need to have one. I think it's just that some people started doing it, so other Mac users felt comfortable doing it as well.

Umh7x1l.gif

I shit you not, have the highest homosexuality rate of the three OS preferences. More than Windows and Linux combined.

Why does someone's sexual preference come into question when talking about computer operating systems? It's got nothing to do with the subject, even if it correlates, it is not related.

Why does someone's sexual preference come into question when talking about computer operating systems? It's got nothing to do with the subject, even if it correlates, it is not related.

It's just something that he remembers reading and thought he would share the knowledge that he gained with others. It's not like this is even a serious topic.

You know, at first I was thinking that it's as related as "artistic" or "introverted" as far as defining qualities of a person, but then I changed my mind. Artistic -> Mac makes sense, since back in the early aughties Apple was really shooting to capture that margin. Introverted & high IQ -> Linux also makes sense, since there's the desire to learn something more esoteric as well as to take more personal control over something that's totally within your grasp. But sexuality is unrelated, except for the sheer number of YouTube-esque comments you'll read by people debating which OS is best.

Floofies likes this

I've regularly taken to going into starbucks like an hour or two before school and using it as an internet cafe, occassionally work on group projects, but I find it's a better environment for me to get stuff (ie school stuff) done than home. I don't even have to buy anything; where I live they know your name (which is pretty hard as an employee) and are chill, I just walk in and sit down.

And I have a bright blue windoze laptop, so fuck y'all macs.

"If we are two animals, and I evolve and get wings, don't try to hold me back by saying 'why do you have wings, you should be down here with me.' Get your own set of wings and come fly with me."

7oWRJVS.gif

I'll find the image later, but it's been statistically proven that Windows users are generally part of the dull majority, Linux users are more introverted and have quite a bump in average IQ, and Mac users are more artistic and, I shit you not, have the highest homosexuality rate of the three OS preferences. More than Windows and Linux combined. Will try to find the original article sometime.

I'm a windows user, but I know more about Linux than Windows itself. I mainly choose Windows over Linus due to the fact that I'm a gamer. Since Linux doesn't really support most games I tend to stick with the supported OS. If game developers were to actually take an interest in Linux then I would switch back over. I'm also very artistic and I don't use mac at all. What does this make me? :P