What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quagmirian

A mod you've never heard of

129 posts in this topic

The new gauss hog model seems to be wanting to give exceptions for some reason. I'll throw something together for b30 or c40 perhaps.

Tiddy-bits:

What I meant visually is all about the textures that I've seen. A simple remove-noise filter, some better detail maps, and improved cubes/reflection properties would make those weapons look soooo much better. Not to mention the ground textures tile within about 30 feet of you, so those need to either be replaced, or at least the scale should be messed with. Rock textures for the cliffs are bland, etc. Oh, and the skybox cloud texture has a giant seam running all the way down it where it tiles.

That all said, I agree with hamp in that it feels great, so congrats, that's the hard part. Making it look better, in my opinion, is a cakewalk.

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

Only played a couple of minutes cuz its way late where im at, but like the fact that the changes you've made didn't really affect the overall 'feel'. Its still feels like the original a30, with a few nice visual changes rather than a gameplay overhaul.

However, 

a) HUD wasn't scaled for some reason
b) the sounds sounded somewhat muted/compressed or both especially the Assault Rifle
c) slight funnies like the tree

Over all though, very impressed. Loved the look of the elites and the jackals especially :)

SKtYQr2.jpg

Quagmirian likes this

a) HUD wasn't scaled for some reason

That is because you're using HAC2. Open up the console and type hac_widescreen 0.

Also: I agree with almost everything Hamp said. However I don't like how accurate the ODST sniper was. It felt like the AI had access to the shift key.

Quagmirian likes this

On an unrelated note I did some xbox halo mods for the first time last night and also pulled the original multis for the AR and such if anybody wants them.

WaeV likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0