What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Robospector

Website Owners - what hosting do you use?

Do you use shared, VPS, cloud or dedicated hosting for your website, if you own one?

I currently rent a dedicated server with Dacentec for about $35 a month. It's a dual Xeon L5420 machine with 16GB of RAM and 2x 1TB drives, setup in a RAID 1 configuration.

DiSiAC and Kavawuvi like this

Tiddy-bits:

I think only 002 and I have web hosting here, but personally I use A2 and couldn't be happier with them. I've gone through a lot of disappointing providers in the past, suffering mostly performance and reliability problems.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Just now, Tucker933 said:

I think only 002 and I have web hosting here

I doubt it.

I have a few on Nexcess.  Not a huge fan of the interface (interwerx) but I rarely have issues with the sites sitting on their servers.

Bluehost was solid but was getting rather expensive so I switched those ones over to hostgator.  Cheap cpanel hosting.   Couldn't be happier.

I also have one sitting on midphase that I am currently moving to the nexcess account.  

And then there is the ovh vps I use as a test bed for when I need to make drastic changes to a site but want to make sure it won't break.

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Nexcess seems like a good host - I always get awesome speeds when downloading from their Linux mirror.

I was going to get a dedicated server from OVH but I was put off by the setup fees the dedicated servers have.

I don't host a site, but I do host my own VPN, IRC bouncer and Mumble server on my VPS.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

1 minute ago, iTails said:

I don't host a site, but I do host my own VPN, IRC bouncer and Mumble server on my VPS.

..but what's your host?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Digital Ocean. I'm using their cheapest VPS. $5/month for a single core, 512MB, 20GB disk and 1TB of data transfer. I hardly use any overhead with the services I'm hosting though.

Takka, DiSiAC and Kavawuvi like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

If you think DigitalOcean is a good deal, you'll love RamNode and Vultr.

RamNode goes as cheap as $15/yr for their smallest server size. I used it to run a Pokemon Go map while that sort of thing still worked.