What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Odd behaviour of PC

12 posts in this topic

My PC acts up at irregular times but it is becoming more often and I don't know the cause or source of the issue.

Randomly during game, while posting or just generally surfing the net it is like a key will be stuck down and a continual row of (at the moment) 3's scrolls across any text window. I have disconnected/reconnected my keyboard and it stops on occassion but most times it does not. I have checked all the keys and even replaced the keyboard and it still randomly occurs. I reboot and it stops.

My PC has been reformatted a few times in the last couple of months and I've replaced the graphics card and CPU cooler.

I presume it's something to do with the motherboard?

Any assistance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tiddy-bits:

Try plugging it in to a front panel USB port, and see if it still happens.

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

This is probably just the kind of thing where you have to try different hardware combos to resolve. Try the keyboard on other PCs, different USB ports, different keyboards, etc.

NeX, WaeV and Skeezix the Cat like this

This is probably just the kind of thing where you have to try different hardware combos to resolve. Try the keyboard on other PCs, different USB ports, different keyboards, etc.

Yeah. At least your computer isn't like mine. If I have certain hard drives plugged in, I either can't boot, can't get in the BIOS, or it works until I remove it again and then everything has a hissy fit.

oVoXWXc.png

I had a razer lycosa do this same thing. Try using a different keyboard. Or google something like "(keyboard brand/model) random key press" to see if any one else has the issue and if they have a solid fix for it.

I would be willing to bet its a faulty keyboard design.

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

In my op I said I have changed the keyboard and it still happens but I've had some progress.

It's happened twice since posting and I pressed a button, by accident, on my mouse and it stopped, I waited for the next time and deliberately pressed the same button, it's my mouse. I'll look further into this when I find some time and detail more when I know more.

In my op I said I have changed the keyboard and it still happens but I've had some progress.

Sorry, I read replaced as exchanged a defective device for the same make and model from the manufacturer.  :P

Carry on.

Krazychic likes this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

It's happened twice since posting and I pressed a button, by accident, on my mouse and it stopped, I waited for the next time and deliberately pressed the same button, it's my mouse. I'll look further into this when I find some time and detail more when I know more.

What mouse do you have? Does it have macro buttons? Have you configured any of those macro buttons?

I had a razer lycosa do this same thing. Try using a different keyboard. Or google something like "(keyboard brand/model) random key press" to see if any one else has the issue and if they have a solid fix for it.

I would be willing to bet its a faulty keyboard design.

can confirm the lycosa was a fucking atrocious piece of shit that would bluescreen computers

DiSiAC likes this