Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

UE4

Does anyone mess with UE4 at all? I've decided to take the leap and build a portfolio for myself by learning UE4 and messing with level design and all that jazz.

To expedite it, I've decided to give the project "Glassed" a go, since they seem to have no programmers or level designers, and it provides both an organized format for level design and a familiar environment to what I'm used to (Halo theme).  Depending on how things go with the team, I may or may not be in it for the long haul - but there's a lot of quality work done for it already, and I think tackling a whole project start to finish on my own would be a silly way to begin delving into a new engine.

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

It's very intuitive as well. The Blueprint system is fantastic for a visual logic representation. It's much easier than having to worry about actually scripting some of the events, and they claim that it's almost as fast as the C++ scripting (dubious face).  Either way, using the wire systems for materials is very slick.

I'm currently playing around with the in-editor BSP system and the geometry brushes

KsqHutE.png

My friend and I are building our game in UE4 (I think I mentioned before that we were working on one). We're making a tiny practice game, then a small practice game, then our full game.

It's codenamed "Halo 2: The Game."

Umh7x1l.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0