What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Evening Meal

12 posts in this topic

It's been a family tradition for the majority to sit and eat together at a dining room table but over the years I'm finding less and less people do this. I still feel it's important to get together as a whole and don't judge those who don't.

I also find it very awkward to sit with a plate in my knee or on a lap table to be in the lounge so prefer eating at a table.

Some reasons I've heard have been that it's time to catch up on emails, time restricted due to work commitments or sport etc.

Understandably those that love on their own don't need to accomodate for others but still may follow a tradition.

Why and where do you sit and eat? Do you eat at a set time each night or just whenever?

Tiddy-bits:

We eat at the dining table, some times if my days off fall at a weekend, we will have a tv dinner as a treat :P

NeX and xvii like this

8269120180172123489.png

We usually use our coffee table because our tiny apartment isn't exactly suited for a dining table, at least as more than a 4 legged shelf lol

xvii and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

We used to for every meal. Since we moved here, though, my mom now eats in her room, my brother doesn't eat his food until a while after dinner when it's cold, and my other brother brings his laptop to the dinner table, since there's enough room as nobody but myself is eating at the dinner table. Sometimes I bring my laptop, or I play on my 3DS, or I just eat and leave immediately afterwards.

We used to for every meal. Since we moved here, though, my mom now eats in her room, my brother doesn't eat his food until a while after dinner when it's cold, and my other brother brings his laptop to the dinner table, since there's enough room as nobody but myself is eating at the dinner table. Sometimes I bring my laptop, or I play on my 3DS, or I just eat and leave immediately afterwards.

Sounds like a story there. Do you like eating in the more isolated fashion, or would you prefer a family-gathering style meal? Who generally ends up cooking the food? I don't mean to pry, but that seems like a big change after a move.

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

I think its important to gather everyone for a sitdown meal as often as time and schedule allow.

Tradition is important.

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg