What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

Childhood Memory/ies

15 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Demo discs. Back when I was real young I REALLY sucked at games, but I would get to try so many of them with demo discs. I remember having one with about thirty different games to try out.

I also miss being excited for toys, and now I can't even get excited for a lot of video games out there.

Takka, WaeV and xvii like this

xgd0s9.jpg

Being excited for games.

Too much samey now.  Nothing is new.  The only games I'm excited for are A. DOOM, which I can't play until I get a new PC, and is a faithful reiteration of an old game, and B. Endless Space 2, which is a reimagining of a game I already play and enjoy.

Edited by Tiamat

ZFkXnuW.png External link

For me, its getting my first Telescope and looking at the moon and the pleiades open cluster. I must have been around 10 or 11, it was a little crappy Tasco refractor but I loved it!

DiSiAC, WaeV, Puddin and 1 other like this

8269120180172123489.png

For me, its getting my first Telescope and looking at the moon and the pleiades open cluster. I must have been around 10 or 11, it was a little crappy Tasco refractor but I loved it!

The first time I saw Saturn's rings is still one of my most vivid memories.

For me its the freedom of doing what I want with my time. I could spend it on hobbies or exploring things I wanted to know about without having to sacrifice a large portion of my time left after work travel and sleep. I will forever miss my freedom.

Edited by NeX
Pra3tor1an likes this

KsqHutE.png

I forever miss exploring my dad's vast property in the mountains of Montana. The forest was a maze of old logging trails, and he let me take his old truck and my rifle wherever I wanted for the day, till I was about 10.

Pra3tor1an, WaeV, Puddin and 1 other like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

When I was 6-7 years old we lived in upstate NY on 20 acres of property.

There were all kinds of places to explore including woods and a nice big creek to look for crayfish in.

Puddin likes this

I miss the buzz of Christmas morning. My brother and I would sneak out and try to guess what was in each wrapping before our parents woke. It was a long time before I felt that buzz again, children came along, and as they grew nothing was more exciting than their little faces opening presents, not only for Christmas but other occasions too.

NeX likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0