What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalHeadSpartan

HALO 5 FORGE IS AMAZING!

25 posts in this topic

Holy shit this is a damn dream come TRUE! OH MY GOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDltTQiZMmw&feature=youtu.be

• 1600+ Objects – Take that in for a minute. Previous iterations of Forge had a couple hundred. Shaun, Randal, and Ryan on our art content team have been crazy busy building LOTS of pieces from primitive shapes, structure parts, accent pieces, detail props, and gameplay objects custom built for Forge. Mix them in with things like the weapons, turrets, and power-ups makes this Forge have pretty much the ultimate building block set you wished you had when you were eight years old. I’ve been working with our art lead Wade to try and squeeze in a few last assets before we’re done; that said we’re in pretty great shape.
  • New Object Types – We’ve added lots of new types of object types to Forge this time; FX emitters, decals, invisible blockers (big community request), chroma screens for machinima makers, objects for building map intros/outros, and yes, even a large adorable whale toy that we love dearly.
  • Projected Terrain Pieces – Our new terrain pieces sample textures from their position on one of our Forge maps which makes them blend in almost seamlessly with the prebuilt terrain of the level when you mix them together. Watching them move around the map for the first time generally breaks people’s brains for a few minutes because it looks like voodoo. I don’t think it’s actually voodoo but instead it’s a lot of complex graphics code which might as well be.
  • Unconstrained Objects – We’ve maintained keeping all of the objects in Forge “map autonomous” meaning any object can be placed on any map thanks to our engines new asset management systems. Now users can experiment and try pretty much any idea on any map. For example if you wanted to you could place a Scorpion tank in the middle of Truth. This doesn’t mean you should, but you could.
  • Object Enhancements – Lots of the returning objects have new features and improvements: Dial in the amount of extra clips with weapons. Man-Cannons and Grav Lifts launch distances and heights can be tuned in their properties and show the path where the players will go when used. Teleporters output directions can now be changed it displays which way players come out facing. We have commitment to improving everything Forge, not just the new.
  • Light Objects – Place real light objects in the world to light up interior spaces or just enhance a location on a map. Light objects have a whole slew of properties; point and spot types, light color/distance/falloff, light cone shape/size, lens flairs, and “gobos” (the pattern projected from the light); customize pretty much every facet of the light imaginable.
  • Light Fixtures – Additional light fixture objects such as light posts, beacon lights, etc. that come with lights built into them making it possible to set dress and light a space at the same time.
  • Opt-in Light Bake – We no longer automatically generate the lighting every time the Spartan is dropped in to test gameplay. Tap the button to quick drop the Spartan or hold it down to render the lights before.
  • Shadow Clamp – Change the clamp to prevent shadowed spots from getting too dark. Another great use for this is when building, it can be cranked up to help keep everything easier to see before doing a lighting pass.
  • Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary Colors – The vast majority of the Forge building pieces have tunable primary, secondary, and tertiary color change sections on them. This allows objects color variations from the blatantly oblivious to very subtle. Many also support changing the matte/metallic reflective properties of the color surface as well allowing for more visual variety from location to location.
  • 100+ Colors – We have more colors in Forge this time than most people had in their crayon boxes growing up; representing a wide range of shades and hues from across the whole color spectrum.
  • Reference Colors – Objects placed in the level generally pre-assigned come with colors that point to “reference colors” that are tunable in the options. Changing these colors in the map settings will immediately update the colors on all of the objects referencing them. It’s a great way to experiment with map coloring quickly and easily without having to edit a bunch of individual objects.

h5-guardians-forge-alpine-02-9a8c4531727h5-guardians-forge-glacier-01-c1ca70af66

Any Forge fan has to read this! THIS IS AMAZING!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/building-the-biggest-forge-yet

Edited by MetalHeadSpartan
Daywu, xvii and Vuthakral like this

Tiddy-bits:

That's actually quite impressive for a console map editor. A lot of PC games have had tools like these for over a decade now, it's nice to see consoles catching up on something like that.

With that said, I'm probably never going to play it just because it requires an Xbox One. I'm not buying a console for a game I won't be able to play online without a subscription fee.

Kavawuvi and Daywu like this

I'm already thinking about all the maps I can make with family and friends when they come over.

Oh wait... :'(

RIP split screen :(

Kavawuvi likes this

Image result for kimi no na gif

where were you when the last bastion of split screen decided to cash out

the only game i play that has split screen is halo. any other game with split screen i don't pay any attention to.

Image result for kimi no na gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0