What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reginasaurus

Has anybody here made their own games?

14 posts in this topic

Or are working on something game related? I suppose modding projects count. Interested to see if anyone has experience working with things like game maker or unity or what have you. Anything really. If you haven't, is there something you'd be interested in trying? Or perhaps, what part of the game making process WOULD you be interested in doing?

WaeV likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I mess around with some scripting stuff in ARMA, but nothing to intense like building a whole game.

Reginasaurus likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I'm working with one of the people who own the gallery I have my photography in, he owns his own small game company, and we're (very slowly) working on a game. I'll ask him if we're at a stage to give some info about it.

I'm hopeless at coding, so I'm the graphics guy :)

Reginasaurus likes this

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

ive used the unity engine to make a 2d and 3d game. 2d game was sick, the 3d one shit the bed 6 hrs before it was due because unitys ai pathfinding system is pretty shit with large maps. unity is awesome for people who are just starting. Bit bloated though.

I have an idea of what id like to do and i think i might just start from scratch using opengl and c++/java. not totally sure though, would involve a lot of work to even get a basic engine going. Ive been using freeglut with c++ for another project and i kinda like the idea of coding everything from scratch, make everything work the way you want it to work.

WaeV and Reginasaurus like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0