What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDark

I can haz GTA 5 PC thread?

139 posts in this topic

I purposefully have stayed away from GTA 5 whatsoever so that when (or if, yes I was ready for that outcome) it came out for PC I could be surprised.....curiosity has got to me but only so much that my willpower can't control lol. I've watched a little gameplay, I know about car modding, and cool things like hiking, scuba diving, the submarine, general stuff, but haven't physically seen anybody play it IRL or touched it myself. I dunno what I'm expecting, I know better than to exalt it to a high standard. I know its going to be a great game and all....anywho

The PC requirements were recently released and I was wondering if anybody will be getting the special edition like me or just staying with a console version? Its either rumor or fact that the game will have even better shading than xb1/ps4.

Anybody have it on the console and thinking about the PC version just to see what it's like? Apparently there's quite a few things exclusive to the PC version that the next gen won't even have. I'm looking forward to the DLC cars like the Zentorno and stuff. There'll also be PC exlusive songs on the radio totalling out to over 100 new ones which makes me giddy because i loved the radio on GTA San Andreas (wasn't a fan of 4's radio stations).

qLaaeEJ.png

Tiddy-bits:

Its either rumor or fact that the game will have even better shading than xb1/ps4.

Most likely just a rumor; most PC gamers still don't have PCs that can run as well as XBO/PS4 because, well, 4K vertical resolution at a consistent 60 FPS isn't easy.

Umh7x1l.gif

Most likely just a rumor; most PC gamers still don't have PCs that can run as well as XBO/PS4 because, well, 4K vertical resolution at a consistent 60 FPS isn't easy.

Are we talking the average person with a PC that happens to play some games, or the average person that's built a rig specifically for it?

what does 4k have to do with shaders.

Btcc22 and swamp like this

I think its a great game. The graphics aren't the greatest ever, but they are pretty good, and the game play is extremely fluid. The only thing that gets a bit old is the satirical nature of everything, which is well done in some spots, but can be a little tiring at times. The multiplayer is a grind to be sure, but it pays off if you live to do the most ridiculous shit; my character is a mix of an assassin biker and all around murderer.

I don't know what kind of music you're into, but V definitely has a better radio station and soundtrack than IV. There's an indie station I'm really fond of, and also a really synth heavy dynamic soundtrack that plays when you don't have the radio turned on; even when you're on foot.

Edited by Risk

xgd0s9.jpg

What console are you referring to that runs at 4k and 60fps?

swamp, Btcc22 and Skeezix the Cat like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

What console are you referring to that runs at 4k and 60fps?

I was under the impression that both consoles had specs capable of that.

what does 4k have to do with shaders.

It takes more power to run the same shaders at higher resolutions. So if they wanted people to be able to run it at 4K on PC as well, I wouldn't think they'd improve the shaders.

Umh7x1l.gif

When GTA5 was first announced, I considered waiting for it for PC, but all my friends were playing it, and I had just delved into the world of 360 gaming, so thought 'fuck it, im getting it now'.

The main story missions can be pretty nuts and fun, the online can be a bit of a grind and the usual dicks are aplenty, but get some friends together and its a right blast.

Being rockstar though, expect major letdowns in bug fixes, support and basically anything that needs fixing.

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

I was under the impression that both consoles had specs capable of that.

They can upscale to 4K.

Games on both PS4 and Xbone are 1080p or less.

Edited by Sceny
Skeezix the Cat likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0