Now that the official Gamespy Halo PC servers are going down, I think it's our chance to make a slick, easy-to-use lobby program to parallel HaloMD for Mac users. Here are some of my thoughts:
- Only support Halo PC 1.09 for starters. CE support might come later.
- Bundle HAC2 if Btcc22 thinks that is a good idea.
- Connect to an existing 3rd party Halo lobby. I know HaloMD has a small set of servers, but the SAPP serverlist looks even bigger! Are there any other alternatives? Provide good filtering mechanisms (players, ping, hide empty servers, etc.)
- Joining a server would launch directly into the game, bypassing the in-game menus. The default setting would be to match your native resolution, although this could be overridden in settings. Perhaps it could expose field of view control via HAC2?
- Joining a server would automatically download / update maps if available.
I think a lobby could look pretty slick in a window like this...
Other thoughts or suggestions?