What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icstars2

Should lethal games of luck be legal?

35 posts in this topic

469349618.jpg

With the most common and controversial "lethal game of luck" known as Russian roulette, some would argue that this and other "games of luck" that endanger an individual's life are completely up to the person playing whether it is worth it or not. As participating in a game of Russian roulette is considered to be a "grossly reckless risk to human life," most common-law jurisdictions in the United States would support a finding of depraved-heart murder (or equivalent) or conspiracy to commit murder for persons who join a game of Russian roulette in which a participant dies. This notably occurred in Commonwealth v. Malone, 47 A.2d 445 (1946), in which a Pennsylvania teenager's conviction for murder as a result of shooting a friend during a game of Russian roulette was upheld. However, in a situation where nobody is under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other similar situations, should the loss of life be persecuted?

Takka, Floofies and WaeV like this

343OrM8.jpg?1

Tiddy-bits:

Maybe Weps can correct me here, but in a well-lubricated gun and with a strong spin, I'd expect the weight of the single bullet would cause that one shot to (usually) end up on the bottom rather than the top. So you would actually have better than a 5/6 chance of surviving.

It's still a damn stupid game to play. I would say that if you knowingly pull the trigger of a loaded gun under any circumstances, you should be held responsible for what that gun does.

Maybe Weps can correct me here, but in a well-lubricated gun and with a strong spin, I'd expect the weight of the single bullet would cause that one shot to (usually) end up on the bottom rather than the top. So you would actually have better than a 5/6 chance of surviving.

It's still a damn stupid game to play. I would say that if you knowingly pull the trigger of a loaded gun under any circumstances, you should be held responsible for what that gun does.

Yes, assuming you let the spin come to a stop before you chamber it, you will have a higher than 1/n percentage. There's always the possibility that the weight is too much for it to continue the spin, though, and it stops at the top. Or if God just hates you that day.

Brb checking my revolver for science

Theory checked. I spun the revolver spinny-thingy 20 times, and the majority of the time (12/20) the weight of the bullet caused the spinny-thingy to spin the bullet to the bottom. The other 8 times consisted of 5 middle (left-middle or right-middle) and 3 directly-on-top rounds.

Edited by Icstars2
Science

343OrM8.jpg?1

Consider the kinds of people that would be playing this. I'd say no solely based on the principal of it being completely unnecessary and idiotic, but I have to admit it's more because people who are THAT stupid are going to do it regardless of what the law says.

Stealing is against the law. People still do it.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Could always let them kill each other to prevent their genes from reproducing for another generation of stupidity.

Of course I have been known to be somewhat of a sadist when it comes to someone risking their own life, so I probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

KILL THEM ALL

Edited by Legion
icstars2 likes this

People also ride motorcycles (hi) and climb mountains, which tend to carry a higher percentage of danger than the average activity as well.

343OrM8.jpg?1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0